Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Design should be better represented in Toronto

While I'm on the subject of Design Museums, I usually visit the Design Exchange in Toronto when I'm there, and although it's currently housed in the former Stock Exchange building on Bay Street, which has a brilliant Art Deco facade, I think that it would be a good idea if the subject of design was represented in its own building. How this could be done or organised, I don't know, but I think, as an exhibition space, it is slightly overlooked in Toronto. I have seen a few design graduate shows there and I believe that it is also used in Toronto Fashion week, but I just think that at the present moment, it is in the middle of the financial district and would attract a better audience if there was some kind of design museum over on King West, or Queen West.

No comments: